Saturday 1 May 2010

Sundial

In one of the streets in Maastricht city center there is a funny drawing on the ground, around a road sign.

The very first time I saw it, I thought it was a clever chalk drawing.
The next time I was surprised to see it was still there (and understood it was permanent paint).
The third time I actually noticed it was in front of a watch store, and assumed it was some kind of advertisement for them.

Now,
in this part of the world, the chances of having enough sun to actually cast a shadow are fairly restricted, and there is a big chance that it was overcast every other time I was there in the past, but how crazy is it that I never got the point of the drawing before today?!

We walked past the shop at 12h50.
And look at what we saw:


Isn't it clever?

Now, I know how sundials work (kind of)... but I opened this to try and get more insight into the topic, and... got rid of the new tab after, well... less than 26 seconds! Not something I want to try and master at 11:30 pm on a Saturday evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...