I tried a new recipe from this book today - turned out delicious!
Orange, almond and craisin cupcakes
125 g butter, softened
2 tsp finely grated orange rind
2/3 cup (150g) caster sugar
1 cup (150g) self-raising flour and 1/3 cup (50g) plain flour (I use 200g of plain flour and a teaspoon of baking powder)
1/3 cup (40g) almond meal
1/2 cup (65g) craisins (dried cranberries)
1/4 cup (60ml) orange juice
2 tbs milk
- Preheat oven to 160 to 180 degrees centigrade.
- Beat butter, rind, sugar and eggs in small bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Stir in flour, almond meal, craisins, juice and milk.
- Divide mixture among cupcake paper cases; smooth surface.
- Bake cakes for about 25 min.